Saturday, November 26, 2016

My Mad Dream of an Essay

Remember that time you ate that spicy [chile] just before you went to bed on the night before the big [Dance Competition?  Oh, that weird dream you had about the 2016 presidential election.  When you woke up you couldn't quite remember the [all the] details, but after reading "On Self-Reliance" and "A Sound of Thunder" it's all coming back to you now.

The dream started badly.  You were in line with your family at Santa Maria Burgers] waiting to be sent to Mexico].  Everywhere you looked there were posters of president-elect [Donald Dumb], looking like a crazy [pig] who could eat a whole [noun].  

Suddenly, there was Ralph Waldo Emerson telling you, "[Malice and vanity wear the coat of philanthropy ]."  You realized that you have something to contribute to the world so you decided to [go on board with the situation].  But it wasn't easy.  First you had to put on a fancy [clothes] and [name tag] and then you had make a [line] to go back in time to the [election day] so you could convince people to learn about the candidates and the [political issue you care about most].

But right there in the [public place] there was a giant [man and it started [looking at everyone.  People started to [go crazy].  You grabbed a [microphone] from a nearby [store] and yelled [we need to calm down and not make a mistake and vote say something , analyze the consequences and make sure that we wont regret not voting ].  Everyone stopped and listened, so you kept going.

The Speech

Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today, to discuss the actions in our society and in life and what I say may help you or not help you understand the consequences that we commit as humans. I read, a story called the ''sound of thunder" where Eckles one of the characters from this story goes back in time and just kills one specific animal and this impacts him in life and his society because he goes,  back to the present time and realizes that the president that he thought got elected doesn't get elected, due to that one specific change; you all may be wondering why this story matters.  This story matters because we just when through an election where there was two candidates Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton. I don't know if you guys knew that but if you didn't I very disappointed because the first candidate is nuts and the second candidate well, is not as nuts as the other one. I'm saying this because those who had the opportunity to vote didn't vote because they were scare, or due to whatever reason you had. Well, I think your perspective is stupid on not voting because there's people in the world who would kill to vote, but they don't because they don't have the opportunity to vote, but those who do don't vote; Like Seriously!! Be Self- Reliant. Lets all make wise choses by just simply choosing to vote.  A wise man said, " malice & vanity wear the coat of philanthropy.'' Emerson, Self- Reliant. This is my favorite quote from this essay, it matters because it describe the quality of life and how its evil and also with great pride; the essay also describes to speck up and make our world a better place. Now let me tell you a little story about me, as a child I was bullied all through my elementary years. I will get kicked, other children will call me names, others made fun of me, and sometimes I will get beat up from them. I will get home and my mom would ask, "how was school today"and I responded same as yesterday with a sigh. Now I'm not saying this so you can feel sorry for me. I'm saying this because I could of stop myself from being bullied all my elementary years I could have been Self- Reliant and speak up, and have the chance to tell an adult as the same for speaking up to vote and making the decision to vote because we all want what's best for our country, children, family, and us.  As I mention before ," malice and vanity wear the coat of philanthropy" and it is true as I mention in my short story evil and pride is the clue to the qualities of life how being bullied can be shown as: evil, and speaking up can be shown as: pride. Overall making the choice for what is good for our country, ourselves, and those around us have to do with speaking up and never letting the silence of the world catch on to you because it can be tricky and instead of being a follower be a doer and next time when elections come I would like to see everyone who has the opportunity to vote. TO JUST VOTE!!!! So that our society and life can be less complicated by speaking up and making that change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment