Friday, October 7, 2016

Literature Analysis #1  

Book: Lost & Found by: Sereena Iannatuonno
  Read: Prologue & Chapter 1
    1) In this book we see that the plot is about a teenage girl name " Georgia'' who was abused at home right when she got out from school and got kicked out of the house by her own mother. The effect was when she got kicked out and so beat up. She had bruises in her neck and her nose was almost broken, she had a black eye, because her mother almost kicked her to death she kick her twice in the head and three times in the stomach. The effect was that she got kicked out and she started working at a restaurant where these two mature boys realize that something was wrong with her so she waited until she got off work to follow her and he realize that she lived in  alley next to a garbage can & he offer Georgia for help and she didn't want to listen so they call their mom to come and pick her up but she didn't want to because she thought it was her mom but then she realize that she wasn't and when to stay when them at their house.
    2)   Theme of the novel: The theme of the novel is the opportunity of giving people chances and the pain of letting go of a bad memory.
   3) I think that the authors tone when she writes this book is the sense of being serious and upsetting. The reason for this is because:
  •   " Answer me you goddamn b*tch!"  she slapped me on the face. I stumbled back into the door. God did I closed the living room door, how am I supposed to escape now." 
  •   " Until you get it right, that's it." She let go of me and I tumbled to the floor.
  •  " Since I'm a kind mother I'll give you a thousand dollars and I'll say goodbye to you Kind? She saying she's kind! She's kicking me out of the house, after she beat the shit out of me. " But-" I started to say but she slapped me in the face and kneed me in the stomach. No buts, do you understand? Now get to you goddamn room & start packing."
I think when the author wrote this she was serious thinking about this girls life she probably had the idea of writing this book by looking at the news by this situation or she probably read reports and created this book to let people know that being abused can affect someone let them know how it effects a person when they're abuse just like Georgia
 4) Figurative Devices:
  1. " As I entered I see my mothers face super red holding something that she wasn't suppose to see"- Hyperbole  I know this because peoples faces don't look legit red as the color
  2. " Big chocolate brown eyes, high cheek bones that always has a rosy hint of pink on them, nice dark long eyelashes, tan skin, wing long wavy dirty blond hair." - Simile because she's comparing her brown chocolate eyes with chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment